Happy Wednesday, everyone!
This week’s episode of the Vibrance Club is inspired by our new fitness classes! I gotta say, I am pretty in love with group fitness programs, because it’s a chance for anyone, at anytime, to say, “ready, set, go!” on something they want in their lives, and to be supported along the way.
It’s a great time of year to start too – buds are growing on trees, warmth is returning to our world, and it’s just time to transform. The idea of joining a fitness program is to transform with intention, in a way that will have an empowering, long-term impact on our health and wellbeing.
Now, you don’t have to join a group class to create a Launch Button for your life. If you’re feeling ready to up your vibrance, there are myriad ways to jump into a new fitness path…but which one is right for you, and how can you make sure it’s going to work? Enter: This week’s Vibrance Club episode.
Check out the video below, then read on for some extra resources on giving your health and wellbeing a boost this Spring.
Hope you enjoyed this week’s episode! Here’s a quick overview for your reference of what we covered:
- Know Thyself: Grab some tea, block out a half hour, and figure out what the heck you want out of life. Okay, or at least, from your fitness journey.
- Commitment is Key – So shop around, and then, #justcommit. After you’ve tried a few methods, give yourself at least 4-6 weeks before deciding it’s not working for you.
- Once you’re committed to something, make a plan, based on your fitness goals.
- Good, now double your plan’s timeline. More than half of people who start a new program quit within the first 6 month. But if you plan for the inevitable setbacks, you won’t be as discouraged when you don’t reach your goals “on time.”
- Create Accountability Checks. Put yourself in a position where it will be hard to say no to your new fitness plans. Maybe join a fitness group, sign up for a monthly martial arts membership, sign up for a dance class and pay ahead of time, make regular walking plans with a group of friends, you get the idea.
- Plan in your celebrations! Before you start, plan to celebrate even your smallest accomplishments. Create really achievable, bitesize milestones, and get excited when you meet them. And of course, get even more excited and bring in some friends to celebrate major points along the journey. Celebrations should be selfcare oriented, like getting a massage, taking a vacation, spending time in the woods with friends, or taking an afternoon to browse a bookstore – at least, those are all the things I would pick! Make these celebrations your own, but don’t let them be things that derail you from those fitness goals you’re working on.
- Once you feel you’ve really accomplished your goals and feel your progress is starting to plateau, repeat steps 4-6 with some new goals.
Need some inspiration to get started? Here’s what Budo Mountain’s got going on this Spring:
- It’s a great time to try Adult Martial Arts Classes! Begin anytime in March and your First Month is $20 Off OR Half Off with a Friend or Family Member! See how you like it with a Free Martial Arts Class, Here.
- Try Out SoulSweat, our new, powerful Dance Fitness Class that lifts you up, mind-body-and soul, while giving you an amazing workout.
- Check Out Fit4Mom, a super fun group of mamas, all committed to being in awesome shape and building a solid community.
- Experience the healing powers of Qi Gong classes. With simple but effective movements, led by one of Asheville’s top acupuncturists, this program builds health and longevity from the inside out.
Now, it’s time to share your thoughts! Help our new online community grow by leaving a comment below and letting us know: What types of fitness programs do you love the most, or are you most curious to try?
Thanks for joining us here in the Vibrance Club this week!
See you in the dojo,